Monday, December 17, 2007

As Seen on TV??

During my walk on Saturday night down the rue de Bretagne, I came across this shop selling chickens (correction, according to a french coworker, these are not chickens, rather they are Chapons, which are something special for Noel?)... with feathers on their heads and tails! I guess it's a special holiday thing. How does that work exactly? Do you cook the chicken with the feathers so your guests can see them? (I'm guessing not, I don't think the feathers would survive the heat). Do you pluck off the feathers and then do something with them as garnish? If your guests can't see the feathers, then what is the point of leaving them on the bird???

Then, this morning while I was uploading this photo I noticed one other interesting element. The round blue sticker on the right of each bird says "Vu a la TV". Does that mean "As Seen On TV"??? Are these infomercial chickens?? I think I'll have to go back to that shop and talk to someone behind the counter to get the scoop!

1 comment:

La Belette Rouge said...

Are there such things as French infomercials? And, if so, what do they sell other than chickens?