Thursday, December 6, 2007

Gelato!


If you are a regular reader of this blog, you will soon learn that there are several things I'm obsessed with:
1) Interesting Doors
2) Beauty Products
3) FOOD! (including and especially, ice cream).

One of my favorite memories from traveling around France & Italy as a university student, was trying everything, especially the gelato and various ice creams.

Recently I was in Crema, Italy, a town outside of Milan. After a nice panini for lunch, I was tempted by a gelateria. The gelato in Italy is amazing. Super smooth and creamy, and oh so gorgeous in it's big presentation case, with every imaginable flavor. I had a cup of gelato with 3 flavors: nutella, tiramisu and crema (not sure what this flavor was, but it tasted like nutmeg). And the best part - it was 2 euros! Compared to a $5+ cup of Ben & Jerrys, this was a deal. YUM.

1 comment:

My Inner French Girl said...

How funny! I too love interesting doors (I took some amazing photos of some in Singapore a few years ago), beauty products and food!

The gelato looked so yummy! I bet it tasted much better than the gelato here, which not only isn't all that great, but far too expensive to justify the purchase.

Salut,
Marjorie