Sunday, October 14, 2007

Paris, enfin!


Enfin, finally, I've arrived in Paris. Temporarily at least. I'm still in the process of moving from Washington, DC. I'm here for a few weeks for work and the (very daunting) apartment hunt.

So what is this blog?? I've been an francophile for my entire life. I studied in Lyon, France briefly during college, but then Real Life happened and I pretty much gave up on the idea of living abroad. I tried to get involved in French things in Washington, DC, but that really just reminded me that I'd prefer to be in actual France, rather than trying to recreate France in DC... And then, one day, voila! an opportunity appeared at my job to move to Paris and I jumped at the chance.

So here I am. My idea with Frenchesque is to share my experiences about living in Paris, being an expat, travels around Europe and generally figuring things out about Life in my late-twenties. Bonjour et Bienvenue.

No comments: