Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Washington, DC bonnes adresses

I’m back in Washington, DC for a week to move out of my apartment. If you’re ever visiting Washington, feel free to contact me for advice (although only for the next year or so, until my insider’s knowledge becomes completely stale…). Some of my favorite places in DC:

- The Spy Museum – One of the few museums you have to pay for, but worth it.

- Lauriol Plaza – Mexican restaurant. Especially good in early early spring, when you can sit on the heated outdoor patio.

- Bourbon in Glover Park – neighborhood hangout.

- Montsouris – Cute French restaurant with actual French staff and delicious country pate

- Teaism – Tea house with tasty bento boxes for lunch

- M St in Georgetown – For wandering, shopping and people watching.

- The Waterfront – not the best food, but amazing people watching on warm days. For maximum amusement, pay particular attention to the guys trying to lure girls onto their boats…

- Neyla – Mediterranean restaurant in Georgetown. Very dark, exotic atmosphere. Great for a late-night romantic dinner á deux.

- Eighteenth Street Lounge - late-night hangout, great music, in an old townhouse. Don't miss the live jazz on the 3rd floor.

5 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

Is it Teaism that have the amazing salty oatmeal cookies? I think I went there for brunch the last time I was in D.C. and topped off my lovely breakfast with that cookie. I still dream of it.

Amanda said...

Yep, that's the place!! I am obsessed with it. They also have chocolate salty oat cookies now. YUM.

La Belette Rouge said...

Dear Amanda,
Oh no! There are chocolate salty cookies. Do they ship? I am not kidding. These cookies are so good I would order and break my sugar ban for them.
Merci,
LBR

Amanda said...

So, while at lunch at Teaism today I asked them ... apparently you can only order the stuff on their website (mainly teas), but I bet if you sent them an email they might make an exception. The cookies look pretty sturdy!

La Belette Rouge said...

Amanda,
You are so sweet to ask on my behalf. I will write a pleading email and hope they will have mercy on me. If everyone discovers how good these cookies are they could open a mail-order division just for the cookies.
Thank you!!
LBR
p.s Did you have one?